[Geany-devel] struct names / geany macro

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun May 25 20:13:37 UTC 2008

On Fri, 23 May 2008 12:53:51 +0100, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 23 May 2008 08:01:15 -0000 (UTC)
> "Frank Lanitz" <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Thu, May 22, 2008 5:36 pm, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> >
> > > 2. Maybe we could add a 'geany' macro to pluginmacros.h that
> > > expands to (*geany_data) - this could be used instead of adding
> > > macros for app, prefs, etc. E.g. geany.app->configdir.
> >
> > I like this idea and I'm thinking this would make things much
> > easier.
>
> I think it would be neater, and maybe prevent some confusing
> error messages for name conflicts with macros. As I mentioned in
> another thread, we could deprecate all the existing variable macros.
>
> One thing if we add it, do people prefer to write geany.app->configdir
> or geany->app->configdir?

No idea what people prefer, but I personally find geany->app->configdir
better just because it's more consistent in itself, not mixing direct
and reference access. But probably just a matter of taste.