[Geany-devel] struct names / geany macro

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu May 22 17:36:11 UTC 2008

Hi,
There are a couple of things I'm wondering about changing for the API:

1. Should we use underscores for struct names? E.g. _GeanyProject. I
know GTK uses this, but I've read in C programming books that tag names
with a leading underscore should not be used as the compiler uses them.
Also it looks a bit ugly. But I don't know if there is a portability
reason why GTK uses it.

2. Maybe we could add a 'geany' macro to pluginmacros.h that expands to
(*geany_data) - this could be used instead of adding macros for app,
prefs, etc. E.g. geany.app->configdir.

Regards,
Nick