[Geany-devel] Further API changes before 0.15

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu May 22 16:58:35 UTC 2008

Hi all,
I've now split up the GeanyApp struct with the new GeanyMainWidgets
struct (and renamed or moved a few fields), to allow us to
keep the plugin ABI stable without making the code difficult to
read/maintain.

For details, see:
http://geany.svn.sourceforge.net/geany/?rev=2609&view=rev

I'm hoping we can make all the major API changes (ones that affect
most plugins) before the 0.15 release. There are a few more I think are
worth doing:

1. Add a plugin_ prefix for plugin symbols like init(), cleanup(), etc.
2. Change the info() plugin function to allow for more PluginInfo
fields being added in future.
3. Change the configure() plugin function so that multiple/all plugins
can be configured at once from a common dialog.
4. Fix any obvious inconsistencies such as naming - this one is a bit
vague ;-)

If anyone has any comments/ideas about how to improve the API (without
too much porting needed), let us know.

Regards,
Nick