[Geany-devel] More API/ABI changes (was: Re: indicator API functions)

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri May 16 11:33:36 UTC 2008

On Thu, 15 May 2008 21:02:44 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 May 2008 19:06:35 +0100, Nick Treleaven
> <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > ATM I'm working on spliting up GeanyPrefs into individual types,
> > probably I'll commit it tomorrow.
>
> Ah cool.
>
> Maybe this is a good timing to also change some struct names.
> While we are at breaking plugin ABI, we could rename document into
> GeanyDocument, just for consistency.

Yes, I think all typedefs that are used in the plugin API could have
the Geany prefix - this might also make it easier to know whether
something is in the API or not.

There are 2 other types that I can split up:
* GeanyFunctions could be moved out of GeanyData so we can add struct
pointers without breaking the ABI
* GeanyWidgets could be moved out of GeanyApp so we can add any
application-related settings whilst keeping the main widgets grouped
together.

For the first one I can update the plugin macros so probably plugins
won't fail to compile. For the second, plugins will have to be updated
as probably every one uses app->window.

Regards,
Nick