[Geany-devel] Geany-plugin-svn: Prefix with plugin name

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Mon Jun 23 17:24:46 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 17:18:55 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> Tags are mainly intended for creating snapshots
> of certain revisions, e.g. when making a release. This should be a
> rather seldom used task, so I guess it's reasonable to do it using
> Subversion.

Tags are also a way to find a special version much faster.

Was just an idea, based on some kind of best practice from my work
place. We are working on >100 homepages from inside a single subversion
repository with >>10k commits /year. All commits are containing the
name and number of a home page as well as a number of the tracking tool.
Something like that
»GeanySendMail: Update of Geany API (DEV-0815)«
This makes it much easier to find a special commit and check, what was
done there.

Cheers,
Frank
--