[Geany-devel] Geany-plugin-svn: Prefix with plugin name

Yura Siamashka yurand2 at xxxxx
Fri Jun 20 19:05:56 UTC 2008

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 14:58:20 -0000 (UTC)
"Frank Lanitz" <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, June 20, 2008 2:39 pm, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> > On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 14:30:13 -0000 (UTC)
> > "Frank Lanitz" <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:
> >
> >> I think it's not a big deal to add these lines and give some more
> >> overview, e.g. if you working with git as frontend for geany-plugin.
> >
> > Can you explain more about this? How does it work?
>
> I'm using git-svn instead of svn for working with the geany-plugin
> repository. It combines the advantages of git (branching, fast, local copy
> of complete history) with the given svn repository.
> Because of this it feels like a normal git repository, but with the chance
> to commit to the central svn repository.

I work this way too. ;-)

But no prefix is really needed this way too. You can always clone each plugin independently:

git-svn clone https://<repo path>/trunk/<your plugin>

and have clean history tree for every plugin.

You can't work with svn branches and tags but I don't think it is big problem since you can do branch work with git. As for tags it is not very often operation.

--
Yura Siamashka <yurand2 at gmail.com>