[Geany-devel] Geany-plugin-svn: Prefix with plugin name

Jean-Philippe skateinmars at xxxxx
Fri Jun 20 16:34:26 UTC 2008

Nick Treleaven a écrit :
> On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 11:43:50 -0000 (UTC)
> "Frank Lanitz" <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since most of the Geany plugins were moved to the 'central' plugin
>> repository, I'd like to suggest to add the plugin name onto the commit
>> message in the first line. This would make it much easier for somebody
>> that is looking for a special commit than to have something like this:
>>
>> r101: Compilation fixes
>> r102: Compilation fixes
>> r103: Compilation fixes
>> r104: Compilation fixes
>>
>> With the prefix there would be something like that:
>>
>> r101: Plugin A: Compilation fixes
>> r102: Plugin B: Compilation fixes
>> r103: Plugin C: Compilation fixes
>> r104: Plugin D: Compilation fixes
>>
>> Opinions?
>
> Well, it would be quite annoying to have to type the plugin name each
> time. If someone was looking for a commit for a specific plugin,
> wouldn't they just use 'svn log plugindir' rather than for the whole
> trunk?
>
> Regards,
> Nick

What about an svn hook wich would look up wich directories were modified ?
Of course this would be tweaked to handle cases where multiple plugins
are modified at once (if this exists).