[Geany-devel] Configure checks for strstr and others

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Jun 9 17:15:48 UTC 2008

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 15:21:01 +0100, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 09:50:22 +0200
> Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
> > According to
> > http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/glib/trunk/configure.in?revision=6955&view=markup,
> > GLib doesn't seem to check for strstr() and stdlib.h. So why should
> > we?
>
> I don't know much about portability, but probably it's fine to do
> the same as GLib does. Especially if GLib 2.6 does it (I haven't
> checked though).

The configure.in of the GLib 2.6 branch[1] actually has a check for
stdlib.h. So, to stay safe we could keep it, too. At least we won't
break anything which could have worked before.
Anyway, the strstr() check can be removed, IMO.

[1]
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/glib/tags/GLIB_2_6_0/configure.in?revision=3533&view=markup