[Geany-devel] geanylua install paths (was Re: Problems running geanylua)

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Jul 21 12:04:53 UTC 2008

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 14:54:50 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> But I'm wondering if the default path of this support library is a
> good choice:
> /usr/local/share/geany/plugins/geanylua/libgeanylua.so
>
> IMO this violates the FHS, binary files (.so) should not go into data
> dir ($prefix/share). Instead, I think something like
> $prefix/lib/geany/geanylua/libgeany.so would fit better or directly in
> Geany's libdir, $prefix/lib/geany/ which would make
> installation/uninstallation easier as not another directory has to
> been added/removed.

Yes, I think this would be better.

Maybe all plugins should go in $prefix/lib/geany/plugins in case
sometime we want to make a shared library for Geany for plugins to link
to - currently it would be assumed to be a plugin.

Regards,
Nick