[Geany-devel] Persistency

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Dec 16 16:14:39 UTC 2008

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 14:09:18 +0100
Stephan Aßmus <superstippi at gmx.de> wrote:

> That's my findings so far. Oh, and there is a FreeDesktop.org

Cool. Also there's info here for others reading this thread:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_file_attributes

> recommendation on the attribute naming scheme of meta-data to avoid
> clashes. So Geany would write an attribute "user.geany.docstate" or
> similar. Writing/reading the attr through sys/xattr.h would be
> incredibly simple. Only I have not yet looked at the available plug-in

Yes, looks straightforward.

> hook functions. Is there a hook to mess with the document state after
> a document has been loaded, right before the text would be displayed?
> The question mainly targets whether or not I would need to worry about
> "flickering" or "jumping" of the text when I set the scrollbar
> position.

Not sure about this. You would connect to the "document-open" signal,
it's possible the drawing doesn't start until the signal has been
handled.

http://www.geany.org/manual/reference/signals.html

Regards,
Nick