[Geany-devel] Persistency

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Dec 16 12:40:41 UTC 2008

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:57:13 +0100
Stephan Aßmus <superstippi at gmx.de> wrote:

> It took a while before systems caught on to it, but meanwhile, they
> mostly all support it. The problem is they didn't support it from the
> beginning, like BeOS did, so it was not in peoples/developers minds,
> and I suppose many people would regard it as little supported as you
> do, one cannot follow everything... but me being a regular BeOS user
> (yes, still!) I know how great it really is, and although most system
> support it now (indeed, many for quite a long time, NTFS had it for
> ages), most apps still don't make use of it.

This is a cool idea, and personally a plugin that works on Linux would
be great. Once something is there, maybe people will add patches to
support different OS's file attribute systems. (Or maybe there's a xattr
library ported to Windows, who knows). Thanks for bringing it up, I
didn't know about it before.

Regards,
Nick