[Geany-devel] Persistency

Stephan Aßmus superstippi at xxxxx
Mon Dec 15 10:28:00 UTC 2008

Hi all,

this is my first mail to this list, so I want to tell you that Geany is
quite a cool editor and IDE. Although I am using it as an editor only,
since the project format of the project I am working on does not seem to
be supported (cmake). I searched the archives a bit and saw that someone
is working on a cmake plugin.

I also searched the archives on the following problem, but it didn't
turn up much: My problem is that Geany does not store any persistency
information with the files I edit. I take it that it would do that if I
were working on a project. Every time I open a file again which I have
closed meanwhile, the scrollbar and cursor are at the top of the file,
the selection is lost. Wouldn't it be much better if that persistency
information were stored with each individual files instead? Can't file
metadata/attributes be used for this? (That being said, I don't even
know if Ubuntu has xattr support turned on by default...) That method
would be much more robust and scalable.

Best regards,
-Stephan