[Geany-devel] Patch adding auto-close brackets, braces and string r1

ioguix at free.fr ioguix at xxxxx
Tue Dec 9 04:14:08 UTC 2008

Hi,

So I began to use geany enabling the "autoclosed chars". It is usefull,
but sometime anoying...

So I believe we can make it a little bit more smart.

In a first step, when opening a brace (ie. ( { [ ), we could check if no
closing brace already match it before auto-closing it. That what I tried
to do in the attached patch.

In a second step, I think we could try to detect if we are already in a
string before auto-closing quotes. Moreover, if we are indeed in a string
we could auto-secape any quotes putted in. However, I think this
should be configurable.

About these second step, I hadn't too much time to investigate the code,
but:
- is it possible to actually know what is the current applied style ?
- can we really test if we are actually in a in string whatever the
current language style ?
- about the auto-escaping quotes, it would need some mechanism to exactly
know how the current language style is actually escaping them (obviously C
or SQL doesn't escape string in the same way)

Thanks for your next answer and review :)

--
Guillaume (ioguix) de Rorthais