[Geany-devel] Case insensitive search does not work for non-ascii charachers

Walery Studennikov despairr at xxxxx
Thu Dec 4 07:10:55 UTC 2008

2008/12/3 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
> On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 14:11:28 +0400, "Walery Studennikov"
> <despairr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi.
>>
>>When performing a search inside document using non-ascii characters
>>(cp1251 encoding in my case)
>>search is successful only for direct (case-sensitive) match.
>>Case insensitive search does not work for non-ascii charachers.
>>"Case sensitive" flag in the dialog is of course unset.
>
> I can confirm this and unfortunately, Scite behaves the same. So it is
> probably a Scintilla problem but still ugly.

Sorry for a dumb question, may be it is already documented somethere...
1) Are we using the latest version of scintilla?
2) What is our policy of updating our version of scintilla?
3) Have we any special patches to standard version of scintilla / can
we use the latest scintilla unmodified?

--
Walery Studennikov
http://www.reg.ru/