[Geany-devel] Customizable editor popup menu

Jean-Philippe skateinmars at xxxxx
Tue Aug 5 12:17:06 UTC 2008

Enrico Tröger a écrit :
> On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 11:42:30 +0100, Nick Treleaven
> <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 11:11:37 +0200
>> Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:22:59 +0200, Enrico Tröger
>>> <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey,

>>> Nobody wants to state on this?
>>>
>>> A simple yes, no, I don't care would be cool, with some reasons it
>>> would be even better :D.
>> I've been busy with the custom-tab-width branch, haven't had time to
>> try this. I think looking at GtkUIManager is a good idea for menus and
>> the toolbar. I don't know about the popup menu, maybe people wouldn't
>> bother customizing it unless there was a GUI way of doing it.
>
> As a Geany user I'd be happy about such a way to customize the
> toolbar/menus as it is also possible in a similar way (mostly using
> libglade) in many other apps.
> But I'm also aware that it is often more comfortable to change such
> things with a nice GUI interface but this still needs to be written.

Hi, sorry I didn't try it before.

Unfortunately it seems there is no ui_editor_menu.xml in the branch, so geany
segfaults while trying to open it. Maybe I forgot something here ?

As for the idea, I too think a dedicated UI would be useful for many users but
an editable XML file seems fine too.