[Geany-devel] Customizable editor popup menu (was: editor current word menu)

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Aug 5 08:03:48 UTC 2008

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 11:42:30 +0100, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 11:11:37 +0200
> Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:22:59 +0200, Enrico Tröger
> > <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> >
> > Hey,
> >
> > > Conclusion:
> > > a) while working on it, I realised that it might be not worth to
> > > actually use this code. Just drop your comments, ideas, objections
> > > here. b) even if we drop this code and keep the old editor menu
> > > without customisation, I'm sure we can use the GtkUIManager class
> > > to build the toolbar and make it so much more customisable than
> > > it is currently. There are less dynamically created items and
> > > there it should make really more sense.
> >
> > Nobody wants to state on this?
> >
> > A simple yes, no, I don't care would be cool, with some reasons it
> > would be even better :D.
>
> I've been busy with the custom-tab-width branch, haven't had time to
> try this. I think looking at GtkUIManager is a good idea for menus and
> the toolbar. I don't know about the popup menu, maybe people wouldn't
> bother customizing it unless there was a GUI way of doing it.

As a Geany user I'd be happy about such a way to customize the
toolbar/menus as it is also possible in a similar way (mostly using
libglade) in many other apps.
But I'm also aware that it is often more comfortable to change such
things with a nice GUI interface but this still needs to be written.