[Geany-Users] How to hide pyc files?

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Thu Aug 17 23:08:18 UTC 2017

On 2017-08-17 11:45 AM, Chris Spencer wrote:
> How do you hide pyc files, specifically in the Tree Browser? I've looked
> through all the project and plugin settings, but I can't find any field
> that lists extensions to hide.

Not a direct answer since I don't use that plugin...

If you can use normal Python from the last decade or so, it will put all
of the files below a single `__pycache__` directory, which seems less
annoying than a bunch of separate .pyc files.

Another possible workaround would be to use the Project Organizer plugin
which allows excluding files/dirs. It doesn't provide the same set of
features as Tree Browser but there is some overlap.

Regards,
Matthew Brush