[Geany-Users] 1.25 incorrectly detecting file changes

Tim Tisdall tisdall at xxxxx
Wed Jul 22 12:20:01 UTC 2015

On 21 July 2015 at 19:18, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22 July 2015 at 04:42, Tim Tisdall <tisdall at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I keep getting the "The file 'somefile.txt' on the disk is more recent than
>> the current buffer." message after ~30 seconds on each save.
>
> This has turned up very occasionally in the past, it is due to the
> network filesystem reporting a local time for the file modification
> time whilst the actual modification time on the remote system doesn't
> exist yet (because the writing hasn't finished).  Its an attempt to
> make the networked filesystem look more responsive.
>
> So the two times disagree.  This does not happen on the local
> filesystems since there is only one time.
>
> So when Geany compares the time of the file modification 30secs later
> it finds it different and notifies you.
>
> There may be some option you can set on the FUSE filesystem to stop it
> doing that and maybe the latest Ubuntu has changed the default.

I was wondering if there was some sort of automatic change directly
after Geany saved to the file that was triggering things.  However,
didn't the previous version of Geany work that way too?  Why did this
only start happening after upgrading?