[Geany-Users] [ANN] Geany for OS X

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Fri Feb 6 22:15:13 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 3:35 PM, HikariKnight <rshikariknight+rsu at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have not been able to replicate the scrolling issue you have, however
> the build works fine and it saved me hours of compiling it myself from
> scratch (had an ancient 0.20 build i compiled myself years ago that i
> have used up until now) and i thank you alot for that
>
> I am very interested in seeing a github project of this in the future.
> As it will make it possible for us geany users to keep using geany
> without any issues on OS X :)

Hi,

thanks for giving it a try. I've just pushed the bundle-creation project
here:

https://github.com/geany/geany-osx

and you will also need the Geany sources from here

https://github.com/techee/geany/tree/osx-integration

until they get merged to Geany.

Regarding the scrolling problem - I think it's partly related to whether
you have retina screen or not because with it the area rendered is 4x
bigger and things get slower. But it't not that bad at all, it's just not
the smooth scrolling one is used to (and one cannot quickly swipe to get
from the beginning of the 1KLOC source file to the end - acceleration
detection doesn't work with gtk with quartz backend).

If I have more time, I'd like to experiment with the Cocoa backend of
Scintilla which offers very smooth scrolling. But I'm not sure if it's
possible to combine with GTK.

Cheers,

Jiri