[Geany-Users] Feature request: "Open all" (after "Find in files")

Péter peter20 at xxxxx
Thu Sep 11 11:38:22 UTC 2014

Lex Trotman wrote:
>> I can manually add the extra "-l" option to grep, but maybe it is worth to
>> add a "only file names" checkbox too.
>
> You wouldn't need to do that, just ignore the line number in the
> message window.  Opening from clicking on the line in the message
> window already checks if the file is open and just switches to it
> without re-opening.
>
> Exactly where "open all files listed in the message window" menu item
> should go is debatable, but if a pull request was provided then that
> can be bikeshedded afterwards.

I guess it may be a quite common procedure currently to:
1. issue a "find in files" (with extra "-l" grep-option to achieve a *lot* shorter list);
2. keep pressed the "next message" until all files (with the searched text in them) get opened;
3. issue a "replace all (in session, i.e. opened files)" command.

The 2. point is cumbersome, ugly, and maybe error-prone (is it guaranteed that no file will skipped?
will it start from the first hit?).

--
Péter