[Geany-Users] can't run local build on RHEL6

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Mon Sep 1 15:44:13 UTC 2014

On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 17:07:46 +0200
"Rob van Riel" <rob_van_riel at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Not having been provided with a proper editor by the IT folks, I tried to
> do a local build and install of Geany. I didn't do any funny stuff, just
> unpacked the source tarball and ran
>
> ./configure --prefix=$HOME/bin/geany
> make
> make check
> make install
>
> [...]
>
> (geany:7535): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find the icon 'text-plain'. The
> 'hicolor' theme
> was not found either, perhaps you need to install it.
> You can get a copy from:
>         http://icon-theme.freedesktop.org/releases

That's just what it is: your gtk+ icon theme (if any) does not seem to
have the 'text-plain' file type icon, and the hicolor theme (recommended
by gtk+) is not installed either.

> (geany:7535): Geany-WARNING **: failed to load icon 'classviewer-var':
> Icon 'classviewer-var' not present in theme
>
> (geany:7535): Geany-WARNING **: failed to load icon 'classviewer-method':
> Icon 'classviewer-method' not present in theme

gtk+ searches for icons in certain directories. Find classviewer-var.png
under ~/bin/geany, and add it's directory (or it's parent directory?)
to XDG_DATA_DIRS. See [1] for more information, gtk+3 is the same.

> ./geany: symbol lookup error: ./geany: undefined symbol:
> gtk_widget_get_mapped

I don't know how you can get this error, except by compiling Geany
against gtk+ >= 2.20, and running it with gtk+ < 2.20.

[1] https://developer.gnome.org/gtk2/stable/gtk-running.html

--
E-gards: Jimmy