[Geany-Users] Hiding console window

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Mon Jun 23 17:58:35 UTC 2014

On Mon, 23 Jun 2014 20:22:02 +0300
Vitali Samurov <vitali.s at elisanet.fi> wrote:

> I think this has been discussed already. I do start some Windows
> application with one option and a filename within command line parameters:
> *<My_path>**\VC-161v0_02\vc161.exe -r %d\%e.mkp*
>
> Is it possible to hide cmd-console window, which does appear just next
> to the Windows application? Or at least minimize it.

The spawning rewrite [1] [2] minimizes the windows of all tools started
by Geany, but is probably not appliable at the moment, due to some
changes in the #include-s of all source files.

With the current Geany, which runs the windows programs via cmd, for
various reasons related to spawning under Windows (maybe even double
cmd, since it runs it via system), you can't do that.

[1] https://github.com/geany/geany/pull/274
[2] http://sourceforge.net/p/geany/bugs/943/?page=3

--
E-gards: Jimmy