[Geany-Users] document_open_file(already_open) makes it most recent

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Sun Jan 12 12:25:26 UTC 2014

On Sat, 11 Jan 2014 06:57:41 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11 January 2014 05:27, Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Currently, any attempt to open a file which is already open moves it
> > to the top of the Recent list. So, if you switch to a open file from
> > a compiler message or a FiF match, it that file becomes the most
> > recent. However, Find in Session displays basename:line matches, but
> > selecting a file does not affect Recent.

> In addition to the cases you mention, when files are opened from the
> previous session they are not moved to the top/added to the MRU list.  So
> files that are open for a while fall off the list.  This is very annoying
> when you accidently close them and then try to re-open them.

My sessions are usually longer than my recent list. So once a session
is reloaded, any files I opened but later closed will be lost. And I
need them more than the session files, which are loaded automatically
as part of the session.

> IMHO the MRU list should be a real Most Recently **USED** list, ie files go
> to the top when they are focussed for any reason.

That's consistent (but "loaded as part of a session" != **USED**).

Currently, "Recent Files" is grouped with "Open" and "Open Selected
File", which suggests "Recently Open".

--
E-gards: Jimmy