[Geany-Users] Users Digest, Vol 102, Issue 5

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Apr 12 06:00:03 UTC 2014

On 12 April 2014 15:43, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
> On 14-04-11 09:46 PM, Mike Miller wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I use geany at times to edit notes that are just indented plain text.  I
>> wonder if there is a way to have them fold like source code?  I've tried
>> a few scripting language settings but it usually results in weird
>> artifacts like the word "for" getting colorized.
>>

> You could make a custom file type with no keywords or color scheme with no
> highlighting based on Python or other indentation-based language and it
> should fold based on nesting. It's in the manual how to customize these.

Unfortunately you can't turn (at least the Python) lexers off totally,
eg a test line

this isn't right

will have all the text after the ' marked as an unterminated string,
numbers will be coloured etc.