[Geany-Users] Some questions about tags

Carlos Pita carlosjosepita at xxxxx
Mon Nov 18 14:17:28 UTC 2013

Thank you for your prompt answer.

> I don't think so, but I'm not 100% positive.  I'm sure Geany won't
> recognize a new language added like this, but I'm not 100% sure you

Can anyone else confirm this? IMO this is an important point from the
extensibility perspective. If a language is not supported out of the
box you need to be able to configure both geany workhorses: scintilla
and, in this case, ctags.

> All this said, since quite recently Geany is able to load vanilla CTags
> global tags files, so you could generate those using CTags and load them

I've read about this in the mailing list but by reading the
documentation it still isn't clear enough for me how to do that,
everything there refers to the -g cli option.

Best regards
--
Carlos