[Geany-Users] Difficulty installing geany dev version

Frank Harrell f.harrell at xxxxx
Sun Nov 10 16:02:11 UTC 2013

That worked like a charm.  Thank you so much Colomban.  Does the git
.zip file for the current development version of geany contain all the
latest plugins that are in the stable version of geany?

You are the rest of the team are doing wonderful work on geany.  I'm
recommending geany to several of my colleagues.

Best,
Frank

On 11/10/2013 09:48 AM, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Le 10/11/2013 16:38, Frank Harrell a écrit :
>> I have tried and tried to install a nightly bill or using ppa.  [ppa
>> just keeps giving me 1.23.1; so does augmenting /etc/apt/sources.list
>> with recommended deb commands].  When I get clone or download the git
>> .zip file the install instructions say to run ./configure.  But there is
>> no configure file in what I download the files.
>
> When you get a Git version (and not a release tarball) you need to run
> autogen first, see http://www.geany.org/Download/Git
>
>> No package 'gtk+-2.0' found [and there is no ubuntu package by that name
>> anyway]
>
> You need the GTK+ development files like noted in the README under the
> Requirements section, which is in the libgtk2.0-dev package on
> Debian-like distros.  You'll also need automake and a C compiler (gcc).
>
> Regards,
> Colomban

Frank E Harrell Jr Professor and Chairman      School of Medicine
                    Department of Biostatistics Vanderbilt University