[Geany-Users] Auto-close plugin for brackets

Павел Рощин roshin at xxxxx
Sat Jun 15 17:33:01 UTC 2013

The biggest one: Geany has its own autoclose feature. It's rough and
simple and you cannot tune it well. There is lack of features, e.g.
enclosing. It conflicts with this autoclose plugin.

Enclosing feature is in Addons plugin. This is solution with bugs: it
does enclosing even when editor is outside focus (focus on terminal or
search bar). I cannot find it's author mail (github.com/pzoxiuv).

I see that you are committer of both of them:)

I didn't see another plugins that offers autoclosing features in
geany-plugins. But there are many around the world.

I hope plugin maintainers will read this discussion and maybe
geany-plugins has another solutions I didn't noticed.

Fri, 14 Jun 2013 09:45:20 +0200 сообщение от Frank Lanitz
<frank at frank.uvena.de>:

> Am 13.06.2013 12:26, schrieb Павел Рощин:
> > Yes, of course, I there are similar functions in addons plugin, e.g.
> > selection enclosing. Geany has similar feature.
> >
> > Enclosing in addons plugin defenitely has bugs.
> >
> > The idea is to make *one* plugin that does everything concerned with
> > autoclosing. Also this plugin substitutes autoclose feature in Geany
> > itself that works very strange too.
>
> OK. I'll have a look at the PR and after a short review most likely I
> will merge them.
> But there is one this you have com promise: Please check with the
> other plugin authors here, maybe on PM, to consolidate the enclosing
> things. I don't want to have three or more plugins sharing the same
> features and none of them is working 100%.
>
> > Also there are some plugins I saw in IRC and ML but your team didn't
> > include them into Geany and noboby know about them.
>
> Unfortunately the old issue... There is a life beside Geany ;)D
>
> Cheers,
> Frank

Pavel