[Geany-Users] Geany newbie: perl autocomplete not working

Lex Trotman elextr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 07:24:52 UTC 2013

On 3 January 2013 17:54, Samik R <samikr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am a Geany newbie, started using Geany lured by its autocompletion and a
> few other features. Unfortunately, when coding in perl, I don't seem to get
> the autocompletion to work. That is, if I type a few characters (e.g., 2
> chars: I have set the corresponding option to 2 characters) of a variable

Hi,

The Perl tags parser doesn't define variables, only subroutines and a
few other things.  See what comes up in the symbol tab, thats what
will be autocompleted.

Your completions at CTRL+SPACE might be from an autocomplete all words
setting.  Because of the potential size those autocompletes can only
be invoked manually AFAIK.