[Geany-Users] EuGeany - Geany support for the Euphoria Programming Language

Codger wolfmanjacques at xxxxx
Tue Feb 26 19:54:25 UTC 2013

I attempted to add Euphoria information to: http://wiki.geany.org/config/**
start <http://wiki.geany.org/config/start>
It appears that I have mucked up the page a bit by adding my whole file
when I should have added a link to the file.  I have a draft saved... what
is the best way
to recover?

Thanks in advance,
Ken Rhodes

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 4:37 PM, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

> On 13-02-23 01:32 PM, Matthew Brush wrote:
>
>> On 13-02-23 11:57 AM, Codger wrote:
>>
>>> Greetings All,
>>>
>>> This "kludge" may interest those who are interested in using Geany to
>>> edit
>>> source files in languages for which Geany has no native support.
>>>
>>> I have managed to obtain a high degree of support for the Euphoria
>>> Programming Language, including syntax color and context sensitive
>>> help, by
>>> backing up the original lua support files/references in filetypes.lua,
>>> filetype_extensions.conf, and snippets.conf,  and then editing the lua
>>> files/references to
>>> support Euphoria.  Support for Lua can be swapped/restored back by
>>> executing a batch file type program,
>>> written in Euphoria, which overwrites the the euphoria enabled, files
>>> with
>>> the origninal Lua support  files.  In like manner, Euphoria support
>>> can be
>>> selected again by copying/overwriting the Lua enabled files with those
>>> supporting Euphoria.
>>>

>> TLDR; but you can make a custom filetype based on Lua's without
>> clobbering the old one, there's some info in the manual:
>> http://www.geany.org/manual/**current/index.html#custom-**filetypes<http://www.geany.org/manual/current/index.html#custom-filetypes>
>>
>> The general idea goes something like this:
>>
>>      $ cp /usr/local/share/geany/**filetypes.lua \
>>          /home/you/.config/geany/**filedefs/filetypes.Euphoria.**conf
>>
>> And then edit the filetypes.Euphoria.conf file to customize keywords,
>> settings, styles, etc. Then you need to add an extension to
>> filetype_extensions.conf [Extensions] group:
>>
>>      Euphoria=*.eu;
>>
>> And then add it to a [Groups] group in that same file:
>>
>>      Script=...;Euphoria;
>>
>> Then after you restart all Geany instances you can have Lua and Euphoria
>> side by side without having to choose which one is supported.
>>

> Forgot the last step, put it on Geany's Wiki :)
> http://wiki.geany.org/config/**start <http://wiki.geany.org/config/start>
>

> Cheers,
> Matthew Brush

Kenneth Rhodes