[Geany] Find in files without following symlinks?

Worth, Kevin kevin.worth at xxxxx
Fri Mar 16 22:18:36 UTC 2012

I have some symlinks in our code directories that are produced as part of a build process and the result is upon a recursive Find in Files in my top-level directory, I have several "copies" in the results.

I can do
find <directory> -type f | xargs grep <search string>
as find does not follow symlinks by default.

However, due to not wanting to duplicate behavior that find already has, grep itself doesn't offer options to control symlink following.

Any suggestions on how I can get geany's find-in-files not to follow symlinks? I tried replacing "grep" in my preferences with "find . -type f | xargs grep" but that didn't see to work (Cannot execute grep tool 'find -type f | xargs grep'; check the path setting in Preferences)

Thanks!

-Kevin