[Geany] How to define autocomplete trigger and question about calltip appearance

klo uo klonuo at xxxxx
Sun Feb 26 07:35:09 UTC 2012

> > probably, and doesn't fit calltips usage
>
> You now understand our ambivalence to that code :)

I have some picture, and it can be sensed from documentation ;)
never heard about tagmanager before

> IIUC its in Scintilla lua lexer. Probably hard coded though I'd guess.

Hm... I'll wait if maybe others have idea, if not I'll search in
Scintilla source and maybe recompile again

> > BTW I noticed that Geany displays drop-down autocomplete list with max 30
> > entries, and does not reduce entries as I type, which is no good
>
> Yes its limited to 30, but it should decrease, does for me, but maybe
> its because of the dots.

You are right, it's fine on other languages, it's perhaps because of this dots.

My concern is that I've created this .api files for
numpy/scipy/matplotlib, and matplotlib give me a headache as it wasn't
easy to scrap those nastily interconnected modules and classes. It is
of great help when I type in SciTE or not to mention something like
IPython.
I want the same thing in Geany :D