[Geany] Moving contents from newsletter.geany.org into the wiki?

Dominic Hopf dmaphy at xxxxx
Sat Jun 4 07:35:52 UTC 2011

Am Freitag, den 03.06.2011, 16:44 +0200 schrieb Enrico Tröger:
> Hi,
>
> what do you wiki and newsletter guys think of the following idea:
>
> we move most of the current content of http://newsletter.geany.org/
> into the wiki, for testing purpose, I already did it (please note this
> is just for testing and to get your feedback).
>
> In the wiki the latest volumes are linked, the newsletter files
> themselves remain on newsletter.g.o.
I definitely see the advantage for having such informations also in the
wiki, but I don't see why we should remove informations from
newsletter.geany.org.

From perspective of a user who is searching for old volumes of the
Newsletter, I'd go to newsletter.geany.org and be frustrated if I was
not able to find them there. I'd never come to the thought to search in
the wiki for that.

From my technical and rational point of view: The listing with the
newsletter volumes is generated automatically. The list in the wiki has
to be maintained manually. Well...see my point? ;)

Regards,
Dominic

--
Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at googlemail.com>
http://dominichopf.de/

Key Fingerprint: A7DF C4FC 07AE 4DDC 5CA0 BD93 AAB0 6019 CA7D 868D