[Geany] Wiki?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Apr 2 14:01:05 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2 Apr 2011 10:40:30 +1000, Russell wrote:

>On 1 April 2011 11:07, Randy Kramer <rhkramer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thursday 31 March 2011 01:43:52 pm Enrico Tröger wrote:
>>> The question about the Wiki software to use is still unanswered if I
>>> didn't miss anything.
>>>
>>> I personally still would prefer DokuWiki or PMWiki.
>>>
>>> Any opinions?
>>
>> Of course! ;-)
>>
>> I'd recommend choosing a wiki which uses a markup language for which
>> Geany can do syntax highlighting.  I find it helpful to write my wiki
>> pages in my own editor before transferring them to the wiki.
>>
>> I prefer Foswiki / TWiki, but there is not a lexer for them in
>> Geany / SciTE, yet.  (I'm working on one, but no promises on
>> completion.)
>>
>> Randy Kramer
>

>While I agree that it would be great if wiki contributions could be
>written in Geany but I don't think that should limit our wiki
>selection.

There is a MarkDown plugin for DokuWiki which seems to work quite ok
(just tested it on a test instance) and there is also a not yet
released RestructuredText plugin[1]. I contacted the author already
asking him whether he would release it as we could use it.

Geany supports both, MarkDown and RestructuredText.
I personally hope the RestructuredText plugin will appear and be
useful, as I know ReST better than MarkDown or any Wiki syntax and
because we use ReST as well for Geany's documentation.

>+1 for Dokuwiki.

Nice.

[1]
http://www.freelists.org/post/dokuwiki/Howwhere-does-dokuwiki-handle-file-suffixes-I-want-to-automate-rst-files,3