[Geany] Regex replace weirdness

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Sep 29 01:16:05 UTC 2010

On 29 September 2010 11:09, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29 September 2010 10:30, Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+tools at mega-nerd.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've got a file of C code which for part of the file has an extra
>> single space indent on the left hand side. To fix this I'm trying
>> to do a regex search for "^ " and replace it with "" (ie empty
>> string). Unfortunately, this search/replace removes all space
>> indentation which is not really what I expect.
>>
>> Any clues on getting this right? Is this a bug?
>

> What version are you using?
>
> Cheers
> Lex

Actually having a bit of a think, it can't work since after replacing
the first space with nothing it will find another space at the same
place and remove it until it removes all the spaces at the start of
the line before moving on to the next.

So its working right, just not what you want :-) & I'm not sure how to do it.