[Geany] A read-only command line option

Sherwood Botsford sgbotsford at xxxxx
Thu Mar 4 01:20:53 UTC 2010

> Very simple example as suggestion:
>
> geany -ro file1.txt # opens file1.txt read-only
> geany -ro file1.txt file2.txt # opens both files read-only
>
> and so on...

So does 'geany file1.txt -ro file2.txt' open the first read/write the second
read only?

Does 'geany -ro' make all files opened later read only?  This normally opens
with a blank file -- how do you save it at all?

What is the behaviour of  'geany -ro file1.txt'  then later from the file
menu opening file2.txt?

What about 'geany file1.txt -ro file2.txt' then from the menu open file3.txt
-- status of file3?

If geany is set to open all files that were open last time, but now you
expressly open one read only, and it is one of those files, what happens.

Or what about geany file*txt -ro file2.txt? -- in essence one file is
specified twice on the command line. which takes precidence?

It's not clear to me what the best behaviour should be.

Respectfully,

Sherwood of Sherwood's Forests

Sherwood Botsford
Sherwood's Forests --  http://Sherwoods-Forests.com