[Geany] vertical green line in Geany code window

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sat Feb 13 16:28:17 UTC 2010

Hi Carl, list

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 15:39:01 -0800 (PST)
Carl Cosgrove <carlcosgrove at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm sure that the vertical green line that appears in the Geany code
> window several inches from the left margin is an aid to many users,
> but I personally find it distracting and can't find any answers on
> how to hide it. If someone could tell me what it is even for, and
> particularly, how to hide it, I would greatly appreciate it!

As everybody just mentioned, how to get rid of it, just one sentence
about the sense of this ;)

As the name of options is already saying, its the long line marker,
which is showing you when you line is getting too long for your
configuration as on most cases you just want to have a line length of
72, 80 or maybe 100 chars. If you have a wide screen monitor or using a
high resolution you might see up to 150 or even more chars in one line
without breaking which might is not fair to people you share your files
with.

Hope, makes things more clear ;)

Cheers,
Frank