[Geany] change dir

spir denis.spir at xxxxx
Wed Jan 28 18:40:40 UTC 2009

Le Wed, 28 Jan 2009 19:05:40 +0100,
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> a écrit :

> On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 14:56:28 +0100, spir <denis.spir at free.fr> wrote:
>
> Hi Denis,
>

> >I have a strange geanistic behaviour when working with (python)
> >modules in several directories, such as /main
> >	/tools
> >	/samples
> >When I try to execute a file, it may or not run depending on the
> >location of the last executed file. Sometimes the 'cd' is
> >automatically executed before run (as shown in the terminal), and all
> >is fine. Else python does not find the file, which is logical because
> >for the system we are still in the previous dir: python: can't open
> >file 'pattern.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
> >
> >I hardly understand the logic of the issue:
> >* It seems that it always works fine between directories at the same
> >level (e.g. tools <-> samples).
> >* During some sessions it fails when going up (tools -> main), during
> >others when going down. This may depend on the first run of the
> >present session (haven't noted yet).
> >
> >Consistently enough, the feature called "Follow path of the current
> >file" works and fails the same way ;-} Meaning that sometines the 'cd'
> >instruction is neither shown nore executed in the terminal. Also, this
> >does not affect anything else as run.
>
> Could you provide a simple test case? Maybe a tarball with your
> directory structure and a few example files as well as a description
> how to reproduce what you do and what you expect?
> So far, I don't really understand the problem, sorry.
>
> Regards,
> Enrico

Well, I have created a custom dir structure to send you, but could not reproduce the weird behaviour. But I had it the whole day long. I will watch with more attention and, if it seems to be rather constant, I can send you a tarball of my real dev tree -- if this is what you mean above -- together with a "bug reproduction" sequence, as far as possible.
Waiting for that, let us describe the thing simplier:
When I have several modules of different dirs open at the same time: it happens *sometimes*, when I try and run one of them, that the necessary dir change is not executed. (But something happens on the terminal's caret: it stops blinking and the square becomes empty.) So that run fails. "Follow path of the current file" does not help, instead it fails exactly the same way. (Which means that the failure is not bound to the run action). The actual dir change performed by the user with a click on a tab, and possible editing/saving on a file that resides in the new dir, is like forgotten.

denis

------
la vida e estranya