[Geany] about the terminal

spir denis.spir at xxxxx
Thu Jan 15 10:20:09 UTC 2009

Le Wed, 14 Jan 2009 18:18:01 +0100,
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> a écrit :

> On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 12:23:00 +0100, spir <denis.spir at free.fr> wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >new to geany and the list. I have 3 questions about the terminal:
>
> Welcome!
>
> >-1- settings
> >It does not take at startup the appearance settings: I need to go
> >preferences and "apply".
>
> Uh, what version of Geany and libvte are you using?
> I hoped we eliminated those kinds of bugs :(.

I have geany 0.13, which is the default version delivered with ubuntu 8.04. Actually, the intalled
version is called 0.13-0ubuntu1, so I suspect there is some modif to let it comply with the
distribution.
When I try to install geany 0.15, I get the following from ./configure:
configure:2990: error: C compiler cannot create executables
The last line of config.log is:
configure: exit 77

> >-2- length
> >It seems the terminal has a very short capacity. Usually the output of
> >my progs are truncated (I get only the end). Is there a way to set
> >this parameter?
>
> Check the setting "Scrollback Lines" in the preferences dialog, VTE tab.
> This defines the amount of lines which can be scrolled in the terminal.

Right, thank -- hadn't noticed that.

> >-3- restart
> >How to restart the terminal automatically on run -- so that hte
> >terminal holds only the output of last run? Otherwise I have to
> >restart it (with context menu) before each trial.
>
> Hmm, the only solution I can think of is to change the Run command from:
> "./%e"
> clear && "./%e"
>
> (Above example is for filetype C, the idea is to simply prepend the Run
> command with 'clear &&'.)
> But this is not very nice and need to be done for every filetype you
> want to execute.

I use it only for python. <<clear && python "%f">> works fine, thank you.

> Regards,
> Enrico

Thanks again,
Denis