[Geany] Location of plugins

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Feb 19 14:07:07 UTC 2009

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 12:16:48 +0800, LUK ShunTim
<shuntim.luk at polyu.edu.hk> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>It seems the plugin manager is looking for plugins only in one place
>configured at compile time (ie, under $prefix/lib/geany). How can I

Yes, it looks in $libdir/geany (which is in most cases
$prefix/lib/geany) *and* Geany looks in the user's configuration
directory for plugins, by default ~/.config/geany/plugins/.

So, maybe it helps to put your plugins in the user configuration
directory, Geany will then pick them up.

>tell it to look for plugins in user specified directories?

There is no easy way without modifying the source or wild symlinking in
your filesystem :).

Just for my interest, what do you want to do?