[Geany] Conflicting hotkeys in Edit menu

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Feb 4 18:40:24 UTC 2009

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 15:59:58 -0500 (EST), Greg Smith
<gsmith at gregsmith.com> wrote:

>One little UI quirk I just noticed you may want to fix:  on the Edit
>menu, both "Paste" and "Preferences" have the "P" as their selection
>key, which means typing Alt-E P just switches between the two without
>selecting either (if there's stuff to paste).  This showed up in Gnome

Good catch!
The problem so far is, both labels and therefore both mnemonics (the
underlined hotkeys) are set by GTK.
And we can't change them now because we are already in string freeze
for the upcoming 0.16 release. But I'll take a note to fix this after
the release.
Thanks!

>All the apps I just checked make "P" execute "Paste", but the key for
>"Preferences" isn't so standardized.  Just among Gnome apps, gedit
>uses "E" while Rhythmbox uses "N".  Mozila Firefox/Thunderbird both
>use "N" as well.

I guess we will use 's' for Preferences, as the other characters are
already in use.