[Geany] Can't launch newly created geany package on my Mac

Norman Chonacky norman.chonacky at xxxxx
Tue Feb 3 17:25:21 UTC 2009

On Feb 2, 2009, at 3:24 PM, Jason Oster wrote:
> The first thing I would try is updating X11:
> http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki (The most recent version
> requires OS X 10.5.6, but older version are still available)
>
> The next thing to try (which is how I first got Geany setup on Mac
> OS X)
> is building Geany as a "native" app using GTK+OSX:
> http://www.gtk-osx.org/ (this project does not require nor use X11)
>
> Hopefully this provides a good starting point, at the least!

Jason --
	I looked over the X11 versions on macosforge.org and they all
started with 2.xx, which means intended for Leopard only. I might
need to bite the bullet and install Leopard on one of my machines
now. I hate to do such things when I am in the middle of a project
because there are always glitches as well as learning involved.
	As a last desperate grasp at a straw for correcting my current geany
installation under Tiger, can you tell me if the geany display is
mediated by X11? If so, then I may have filepath problem with my
installation as well as or instead of X11 version problems, since my
current X11 xterm application does not find geany when I enter
"geany" at the xterm command line. Only the OS X application Terminal
finds it.
                                                  Norman Chonacky
                                                   Research Affiliate
                           Yale University - Department of Applied