[Geany] 3 little things

spir denis.spir at xxxxx
Thu Apr 30 07:22:09 UTC 2009

Hello,

-1- startup folding
What about having docs folded at open-time, especially at startup (files from last session)? (Actually, I never want them unfolded, as Geany currently does, so that I have to fold each file manually.) Should be a parameter to let the user set the preferred behaviour.

-2- non-code doc folding
Block struture is commonly used for all kinds of non-code documents, too. When editing them, folding would be a reeeaally coooooool ;-) feature. Even more than for code, in fact, because there is no code browser to help and quickly navigate.
I would enjoy such a feature based on
* either C-like block syntax (open/close tokens)
* or python-like (indentation)
* or what else? (header syntax like [title]?)
Actually, once block structure is parsed, there may even be "pseudo-code-browsing".

-3- terminal settings
I spoke once about terminal settings not activated at startup. Have some more infomation. If you "message window" is on, then at startup the bottom frame is open and shows status information.
* Case you switch to terminal, everything is all right (terminal settings are taken into account)
* Case you run before having manually switched to terminal, automatic switching caused by running will not take settings into account. [it should be checked there whether settings are activited already?]
Well, I guess things happens that way... hope this helps
-- geany 0.15 on ubuntu 8.10

Denis
------
la vita e estrany