[Geany] geany 0.15 notify on file changes work bad

Yura Siamashka yurand2 at xxxxx
Wed Oct 22 18:12:31 UTC 2008

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 18:56:34 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 19:44:30 +0300, Yura Siamashka <yurand2 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >Notify on file changes works very bad.
> >
> >It takes about 30 second from changing file on disk to "The file on
> >the disk is more recent than the current buffer" dialog. During this
> >time you can edit or switch from another buffer without any
> >notification. :(
>
> The described behaviour is actually intended.
> You can lower the timeout/check interval in the preferences dialog.
Thanks, that great. I can comfortably work with generated files again ;)

So 0.15 uses old notification code, just default timeout is changed to 30?

I thought it was bug introduced with new GIO-based implementation.

--
Yura Siamashka <yurand2 at gmail.com>