[Geany] Keyword auto completion?

Micael m8847 at xxxxx
Fri Jul 11 11:37:59 UTC 2008

I am evaluating Geany, as I am moving my main development environment from win
to linux (finally!). In windows, I used and loved MultiEdit.

I think that Geany seams to be in line what I expect and like from an editor.

I mostly care about a lean 'C' editor.

So;
As far as I can understand, there's no keyword autocompletion. With this I
mean e.g. that I type "wh" and hit space, where the editor exanps the keyword
and builds the construct, such as:
 while ( )
 {
 }
      .. or similar.

I understand that the functionality is almost there, by instead use TAB, but
only once the full keyword has been entered. i.e. while<TAB> builds the
construct.

Have I understood this correct?

If so;
I also realise that snippets could be enhanced to do this, if there would be
an optional accept length?
e.g: "accept keyword min len lookup = 2" would give the correct key-word
expansion after at least wh and TAB where entered. (Obviously whi<TAB> would
also work)

Is there any thoughts/work in this direction?

Thanks,
  - Micael