[Geany] incremental search backward revisited

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Tue Jan 29 19:15:17 UTC 2008

On Jan 29, 2008 12:55 PM, Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:

> Personally, I think John's idea of an icon on either side of the search
> field is the most intuitive. Even if they are simply stock right/left
> arrow icons, their intended purpose should be fairly obvious to the user:
>
>   [<]__________[>]

Just a quick observation: out of all the widgets we can have visible
in the toolbar, all of them are accessible via the keyboard, and can
be left off the toolbar for experienced users, *except* for the search
field. I cannot do an ISF without that search field in the toolbar.

> But since I keep my Geany toolbar hidden 99.99% of the time,
> most of what I say here is probably just noise anyway :-)

I'd keep the toolbar hidden myself if I didn't need that search field.
It's always nice to get an extra couple of lines in the main text
pane. :) My tool bar is basically empty except for the search field,
and just mostly takes up space.

---John