[Geany] New Windows build

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Jan 23 15:38:39 UTC 2008

Hi,

a new Windows build of the current SVN version(r2188) is available.
It will be the last one before the 0.13 release.

Beside all other changes mentioned in the ChangeLog, the following
changes are Windows-specific:
- fix wrong file filters in some open dialogs
- create Geany's configuration directory in user's appdata path instead
of the default home directory (closes #1856305). Therefore, Geany will
startup with a fresh configuration. You can copy your old configs from
e.g.
C:\Documents and Settings/user/.geany
C:\Documents and Settings/user/Application Data/Geany
(or however the paths are called on your system)
Windows 9x users have to install an additional DLL, details can be found
in the ReadMe.txt
- the "-d" command line switch opens a console window to display some
debug messages to help finding errors
- broken Start menu shortcut to the local Manual was fixed
- the geany.exe included in the zip file and the both installers is now
signed by me with a digital code signing certificate which I got from
cacert.org. The both installer files are also signed.
This should ensure(or better help to ensure) that the files were not
modified somewhere while transferring.
Unfortunately, the root certificate of cacert.org is not installed in
Windows by default, so checking my certificate I used for signing the
binaries will show you something like "Certificate could not be
verified".
You can simply install the root certificate of cacert.org from this link
http://www.cacert.org/certs/root.crt, more information can be found at
http://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3.
After you installed the root certificate and the geany binaries are
fine, Windows will tell you something like "The digital signature is
valid".
But it's not important at all if you aren't interested. Just in case
someone likes to be sure about what he is downloading from the net.

The links:
http://files.uvena.de/geany/geany-0.13svn_r2188_setup.exe
http://files.uvena.de/geany/geany-0.13svn_r2188_nogtk_setup.exe
http://files.uvena.de/geany/geany-0.13svn_r2188_win32.zip