[Geany] GeanyLua plug-in "prefix" key?

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at xxxxx
Sat Jan 19 16:49:18 UTC 2008

On Jan 17, 2008 11:25 PM, John Gabriele <jmg3000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> For example, you could use the letter 'r' to reach
> `reverse.lua`, and get to it by hitting a prefix key
> combo like, say, Ctrl-!. The whole command would
> then be: Ctrl-! r (hit Ctrl-!, release, then tap 'r').

I added a new keygrab() function to the Lua plugin, that
when called, it intercepts the next keystroke from Geany,
and returns it as a string, like "a" or "Escape".

So like in your example above, you will be able to
create a script something like:

-- @ACCEL@ <Control>exclam

key = geany.keygrab()

if key=="r" then
  dofile("reverse.lua")
elseif key=="f" then
  dofile("forward.lua")
elseif ...
end

The new release should be available in the next
couple of days.

(err, I think I told Enrico that two weeks ago! :)

 - Jeff