[Geany] GeanyLua plug-in "prefix" key?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Jan 19 08:49:32 UTC 2008

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 13:03:59 -0500, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2008 6:11 AM, Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Jan 17, 2008 11:25 PM, John Gabriele <jmg3000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I think that a good way to access GeanyLua plug-ins via the
> > > keyboard would be to have one main GeanyLua key binding that you
> > > could hit to get GeanyLua to listen for the *next* key and then
> > > run the appropriate plug-in for you from there.
> > [snip]
> >
> > There is currently no way that I know of to accomplish
> > this. [snip]
> >
> > But I do think you have a good idea and I will try to look
> > into it. I am guessing this would have to be done at the
> > lower (GDK) rather than the higher (GTK) level, which is
> > something I'm not too familiar with...
>
> Could Geany simply provide a function that users could set a key
> binding for?
Short answer: Yes.

A little better answer: After the next release we will finally add
plugin keybinding support, then keybindings can be assigned for plugin
actions. But we want to wait until the upcoming release to not put a
couple of new, untested and maybe buggy code into.
So, as usual, please be patient ;-).

Once it got implemented, the requested feature should be possible.