[Geany] new filetype *.gp

Johannes Deutsch j_deutsch at xxxxx
Mon Jan 14 15:37:35 UTC 2008

Am Montag, den 14.01.2008, 13:42 +0000 schrieb Nick Treleaven:
> On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:22:12 +0100
> Johannes Deutsch <j_deutsch at web.de> wrote:
>
> > i want to customize geany, in this way, that i can start gnuplot
> > scripts directly from the geany-ide.
> >
> > So, i did like the manual says:
> >
> > 	created 'filetype_extensions.conf' in '~/.geany':
> >

> > >		[Extensions]
> > >		Gnuplot=*.gp;
> > >

> > 	created 'filetypes.gp' in '~/.geany/filedefs':
> >

> > >		[build_settings]
> > >		run_cmd="gnuplot %f"
> > >

> I don't think the manual says you can do that ;-) (Is the manual
> misleading?).

I didn't read the manual carefully enough, so it's my fault.
I did it like the logic of the other filedefs do...

Now i used another filedef-file for my purpose. I think i'll never ever
use 'ferite' for programming, so i changed it for my 'gnuplot' use ;)

But it's not the elegant way :(

> This feature is not implemented - see:
> http://geany.uvena.de/Documentation/FAQ#QQuestions4

Yes thx i've seen =)