[Geany] Patch: Let plugins open/close projects

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at xxxxx
Wed Jan 9 20:48:41 UTC 2008

On Jan 9, 2008 11:37 AM, Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 02:56:52 -0600
> "Jeff Pohlmeyer" <yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I'd like to add the ability to open and close projects to
> > my plugin

> Out of interest, why?

I thought I could implement John's recent project-switching
feature request using a Lua script.

(Actually, I already have it working in my sandbox :-)

> I'm not sure that configuration_open_files() fits in the API.

Agreed, I expected that project_load_file() would open all
the files for the project. I'm sure there is a reason why
it doesn't, but I'm not familiar enough with the inner
workings of the project loading code to understand why.

Maybe there could be a wrapper function for plugins that
calls both of these, along with some sanity checks, like
making sure there isn't a project already open.

> There are some bugs with project session support, so probably that
> should be ironed out before letting plugins use it.

No problem,

 - Jeff